09 10

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Welcome

Well, here goes nothing. I would like to introduce to you, "Bluegrass Pearls", a blog on interior design, DIY projects, cheap finds, tablescapes, and just about everything else. I toyed with several names, but this one kinda stuck on me. "Bluegrass" because I'm from the heart of the Bluegrass State, Kentucky, and "Pearls" because they are my all-time favorite fashion accessory. I also like how the title is a sort of play on words, if you will. The old saying "pearls of wisdom" could also be inferred by the title. Although I don't consider myself to be wise in the field of design/DIY, I do consider myself to be passionate with a bit of experience. Okay, enough with the name.

As this blog grows and evolves (with formatting and colors), I am very interested in hearing from my readers on what I'm doing well, what I can improve upon and what interests you. So, please comment on posts to let me know how I'm doing! I am a first-time blogger so I'll definitely be learning as I go! My vow to you is to post ideas and projects that both succeed and fail. The last thing I want is for my readers to think that all DIY and restoration projects are perfect-far from it. You win some and you definitely lose some.

Initially, until I figure out how much time I can devote to blogging, I am committing to 1 post per week. This post will likely be published on Sunday nights but I'll be sure to announce it on Facebook and other social networking until things become more consistent.

If you follow me on Instagram (lori_bluegrasspearls), you may have seen this picture:





                                                                             Or, this one:




Come back tomorrow for a post on an IKEA dresser hack and a bedroom reveal. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I appreciate any and all feedback I receive. If you'd like to email me directly, you can do so at lori.craighazelwood@gmail.com.

Thanks again and have a great day! xoxo

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs